1. Information We Collect.
The types of information we collect and share depends on the product or Services you have with us. This information can include:
- Contact or User details: such as your name, contact information, driver’s license number and social security number;
- Demographic details: such as your date of birth, gender, and marital status;
- Unique identifiers: such as your Passport Number, National or Military ID, Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), state Identification Number, or other reference number;
- Account information: such as log-in information when you log into our website,
- Financial and business ownership information: such as including profit sharing and ownership interests, employment status, salary, job title, and affiliations; and
- Other information used for Services: such as your payment history, claims information, background checking information, and previous insurance information.
If you use our websites, we may also automatically collect online information such as:
- Device data: such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Services.
- Your IP address, location data, or other device identifying information, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your device;
- Language preferences, referring URLs, and;
- Interactions which may include viewed pages and content, along with other actions performed while using the Services.
We may supplement the information we collect about you with information from third parties. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Information from other sources such as those reporting financial, employment, litigation, medical or health care information;
- Public database information;
- Other parties or partner information: such as information received from joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, social media or insurer partners; and
- Information from other reporting agencies and state and federal government agencies such as state motor vehicle departments and credit reporting agencies.
2. How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect, optimize and improve our Services, and to enhance your user experience. We may also use the information we collect in the following ways:
Every Day Business Purposes:
We use the information you provide to maintain your account(s), report to credit bureaus, process or service requested or authorized transactions, sell, solicit, negotiate or secure quotations for insurance, obtain insurance coverage or report or process claims. Your information may be disclosed to regulators, insurers, reinsurers, insurance intermediaries, brokers, underwriters, insurance reference bureaus, medical service providers, fraud detection agencies, loss adjusters, lawyers, accountants, and others involved in insurance related activities. Your information may also be used to carry out due diligence, identity, credit reference, bankruptcy, sanctions, data validation, anti-money laundering, “Know Your Customer” and other business acceptance, vetting and risk management agency checks.
For Our Own Analytic Purposes:
Embroker may also use your information to develop new Services, conduct research and to create anonymous or aggregated reporting for its own use.
For Our Own Marketing Purposes:
Embroker may use your information to offer products or Services to you.
To Comply with Legal Requirements:
It may be necessary to retain and provide information collected from you to respond to subpoenas, other discovery requests, legal investigations, regulatory investigations or court orders. We may share information pursuant to a governmental agency or investigatory body request. We may also use personal information to enforce our agreements, trace debtors, recover any outstanding debt in connection with the Services provided, and share your information as required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
3. How Is Your Information Shared?
Embroker does not generally share, sell, rent or otherwise distribute your personal information except:
With Our Service Providers:
We may share your personal information with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services for us or on our behalf, including but not limited to hosting this site, sending and receiving messages whether via email, chat, text or otherwise, managing and facilitating payments, making phone calls, and providing services associated with technology, insurance and related services. These parties are contractually restricted from using any personal information for purposes other than providing services for Embroker or on our behalf.
For Administrative and Legal Reasons:
See Section 2 above. Additionally, Embroker also reserves the right to disclose or use information if it has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Embroker, other users of this website, or the public; (b) enforce the Terms and Conditions; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to claims of suspected or actual illegal activity; (e) detect, address or prevent fraud, security or technical issues; or (f) respond to an audit.
4. How Can You Limit The Sharing of Your Data?
Embroker respects your privacy and your right to limit the sharing of your information. The following identifies ways in which you can limit the sharing of your information and data:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness;
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you;
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you; and
- Where State laws may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
You can also opt out of receiving marketing emails by following the instructions in any marketing email or text message you receive, however you may not opt out of communications related to Services.
For more information on how to reject or delete cookies, you should consult with your browser’s or device’s help documentation or visit www.aboutcookies.org. At this time, Embroker does not respond to automated signals regarding tracking mechanisms, including “do not track” instructions from your browser. You can also opt out of internet-based advertising by installing a browser plugin from third parties where available.
5. What Steps Does Embroker Take To Protect Your Information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we utilize security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include administrative, technical and physical safeguards. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees or service providers who need to know such information in order to provide the requested Services or products.
We cannot guarantee the security of our systems, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet.
6. Some Other Matters.
Consent to Recording of Your Information:
By using Embroker’s Services, you are expressly consenting to the recording of your personal information and the sharing of this information as set forth above. You expressly waive any claim that by recording your personal information, whether transmitted to a third party or not, violates any applicable privacy rights under any state or federal law.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information:
Keeping your information accurate and up-to-date is very important since inaccurate or incomplete information could impact our ability to deliver Services to you. Please let us know about any changes that may be required to your personal information by updating your account profile or by contacting your success team.
Continued Use of Information:
External Links and Third Party Privacy Policies:
The Services are operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States. If you access this site from a location outside of the United States, your information may be transferred to the United States and you agree to such transfer. Furthermore, you acknowledge that the United States may not provide the same level of protections as the laws of your country.
The Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information of children under the age of 13 without the consent of their parents or legal guardians. We will delete any personal information collected that we determine to be from a user younger than the age of 13.
Rights of California Residents:
Embroker does not share or disclose your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Therefore, California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code § 1798.83) does not apply to Embroker.
Attn.: Legal Department
5214F Diamond Heights Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94131
Revision Date: November 10, 2023