The rise of social media brings new challenges as to how individuals interact with each other. A simple hashtag like #metoo can quickly spread awareness of inappropriate behavior – discrimination, harassment, sexual assault, and more – in the workplace.
Your company must be prepared to quickly address unacceptable behavior in the workplace as soon as it’s discovered.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) is designed to mitigate exposure to employment-related lawsuits. More specifically, EPLI provides coverage for claims made by employees alleging discrimination (based on sex, race, age or disability, for example), wrongful termination, harassment and other employment-related issues.
Our specialists will help you secure an EPLI policy that will protect you financially and empower you to resolve employment matters quickly and confidentially.
We work with the best EPLI policy carriers to protect against these claims and more:
- Wrongful termination
- Failure or refusal to hire or employ, promote or make partner
- Breach of written or implied employment contract
- Employment-related emotional distress, mental anguish, or humiliation
- Retaliatory/constructive discharge
- Employment related misrepresentation
- Workplace torts