Table of Contents
As the owner of a web design agency, you often ask yourself “how to get web design clients for my agency?”. You want to grow your business, but you may not know-how. There are several ways to get more clients for your web design agency, though not all strategies will be the right fit for the type of firm you have and brand you want to share with the world.
One way to get more clients, for instance, is to offer discounts. Many people are looking for ways to save, and offering a discount or limited-time sale is one way to achieve that however if you want to learn how to get clients for your web design agency in a meaningful and lasting way that doesn’t involve reduced prices or gimmicks, use some of these strategies to build your brand, and your book of clients.
How to Get Web Design Clients for Your Agency in 5 Ways
1. Focus on Quality
This is perhaps the most important tip, which is why it’s first on the list. If you want to attract high-paying, long-lasting clients, you need to focus on delivering high-quality work. This means paying attention to the details and ensuring that your designs are user-friendly and visually appealing.
Being aware of and sensitive to the needs of your clientele is a great start. This way, the word gets out that you’re easy to work with, and that the results were exactly what they were looking for.
2. Stay Up to Date on Web Design Trends & Needs
Keep your portfolio current by incorporating the latest web design trends. This will show potential clients that you’re keeping up with the times and that you’re invested in staying ahead of the curve.
Here are a few ways to do that:
- Subscribe to relevant industry news sources (such as Smashing Magazine, Design Shack, etc.)
- Follow popular design accounts on social media (like Awwwards, Behance, Dribbble)
- Regularly check out the portfolios of other designers for inspiration
- Attend web design conferences and meetups
- Experiment with new design tools and techniques
- Take online courses or participate in MOOCs (massive open online courses)
- Read design-related books and articles
- Join a professional organization like the AIGA or UXPA
3. Offer Additional Services
In addition to design, many web design businesses offer additional services such as development, SEO, and content creation. By offering these services, you’ll be able to attract a wider range of clients and offer existing clients more than one type of service. For instance, consider offering other web services like:
- Content Creation
- PPC Management
- Social Media Management
- Graphic Design
- User Experience (UX) Design
Beyond that, offering consulting services is another way to establish great relationships with and gain new clients. You aren’t necessarily doing the work yourself, but helping a client’s in-house design team to get off the ground or to find some direction is a great way to show off your knowledge, and to get in front of as many potential clients as possible.
You’d be surprised how many people are just looking for a bit of advice.
4. Network with Other Professionals
Speaking of reaching the widest audience possible, get connected with other web design professionals in your area. Attend local meetups and networking events. This will help you grow your business by expanding your network of potential clients. There are the obvious, and then the surprising, opportunities to network. Consider adding some of the following to your networking rotation:
- Attend local meetups and networking events related to web design or entrepreneurship.
- Get involved with online communities related to web design or online businesses.
- Collaborate with other web design professionals on projects or case studies.
- Speak at industry conferences or events about your area of expertise within web design.
- Write blog posts or articles about web design trends, best practices, or your own process and approach.
- Share your work on social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Create an email newsletter highlighting your recent work or case studies.
- Offer free resources or tools related to web design on your website.
- Participate in online or offline courses or programs related to web design.
- Volunteer your time or services to organizations in need of a new website or redesign.
5. Get Involved with the Community
Give back to the web design community by writing blog posts, contributing to open source projects, or speaking at industry events. This will help raise your profile and make it easier for potential clients to find you online. Getting involved with the community can mean spending time at a charity or pro bono work or simply getting your name out into the public online and in person. Find what works for you and make a plan you can stick to. Some of the ways you might get involved could include one or more of the following:
- Volunteer for a local non-profit organization or charity that could use a new website.
- Create a portfolio website for a friend or relative who is starting their own small business.
- Offer to help maintain or update an existing website for a community organization or sports team.
- Create video tutorials about web design topics and post them online.
- Give a presentation about web design at a local meetup group or conference.
- Organize a web design workshop for people who are interested in learning more about the field.
- Donate your time and skills to create a website for a worthy cause or charitable organization.
- Help out with the website for your child’s school or extracurricular activity.
- Get involved with a local start-up company or small business as their web designer.
By following these tips, you can grow your web design business and attract more high-paying clients. As your web design agency grows, be sure to put into practice other best practices for your business such as understanding your risk appetite and putting commercial insurance policies into place that grow with your company. Check out our guides on insurance policies that web designers need, how to start a web design business, and how much to charge for more information on running a successful design agency.
To get the best coverage for your business, check out Embroker’s digital insurance platform today.
On September 14, 2023, we announced Gene Linetsky as our new Chief Technology Officer (CTO). Gene has over 30 years of experience in the computer science industry — founding several technology and startup companies and serving in various executive and technology leadership positions. Most recently, he held the role of CTO of healthcare technology company […]
Insurance for bookkeepers is much more important than you think. When it comes to the business world, bookkeepers provide a vital service. Whether handling a company’s payroll, paying vendors, creating and maintaining financial records, or reviewing transitions, bookkeepers play a leading role in a business’s success and growth. But the essential services that bookkeepers provide […]