Technology Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance, also known as professional liability, is one of the more complex policies insurance buyers will purchase. This is because there is no standard and cover varies greatly from one insurer to the next. Tech E&O is intended to protect companies against financial injury. Meaning, settlements, judgements, and defense expenses arising out of breach of contract or negligence. Simply put - if your customer or a third party says your technology product or service didn’t work the way you said it would and they’re suffering financial injury because of it then a Tech E&O policy is what you’ll lean on to fund your defense and / or settlements and judgements. .
The key to ensuring you have suitable Tech E&O coverage is to partner with a broker that has the expertise to guide you through the procurement process. What does Embroker’s expertise mean for you? In large part, it means truncated discovery. Focused questions and information collection about your company results in less time and resources spent by you in the procurement process. In addition to Tech E&O policy design and procurement Embroker’s E&O services include contract analysis, complex claim handling & support, and proprietary limit and cost benchmarking data.
E&O Liability enhancements that can be added include:
- Data and Network Security Liability
- Privacy Breach Remediation Expenses
- Privacy Breach Regulatory Fines & Penalties
- Cyber Extortion
- Media Liability
- Employed Lawyers Professional Liability
- “Enterprise” Covered Products & Services
- Unintentional Breach of Contract Coverage
- Liability of Others Assumed Contractually (Indemnity)
- “Cost of Contract / Return of Fees” as Covered Damages
- Third Party Regulatory Fines & Penalties as Covered Damages
- Pre-Customer Acceptance Claims
- Third Party Product Recall Expenses